2019 BranchOut! Multicultural Mentoring Application
2. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
3. Able to work in a multicultural environment
4. Strong in Math, Science, English, Arts, Language, or Technology
5. Students with tutoring or relevant experience preferred
6. Strong team players who are willing to help disadvantaged students
7. Time commitment: 1 week to 5 weeks this summer (Late June to the end of July)
Applicants will submit:
- A copy of your resume (make sure to include leadership experience, extracurricular activities, and any notable awards or achievements. Refer here for ideas.
- Name and email of a reference (no letter is required). This can be a teacher, coach, mentor, or anyone who has a professional relationship with you (no parents or friends).
- For students who are interested in joining the management team, we need to receive One recommendation from your teacher, coach, mentor, or anyone who has a professional relationship with you (no parents or friends). Please ask your recommender to email their recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early bird (before February 15th): $35
Please write the check payable to Veritas Education Leaders and mail it to:
1751 Pinnacle Dr #600, McLean, VA 22102
*Please include applicant's name, grade level, and school name on the check.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I still have to apply again if I've participated in BranchOut! in previous years?
IMPORTANT: Applications are now closed for all Virginia students. Maryland students must complete applications through this form by June 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Note: All new and returning student mentors are required to apply. Students will be required to pay a $150 deposit once an offer to the program is accepted. The deposit will be refunded upon completion of the 2019 summer program.
Once the application is submitted, students must sign up for an interview slot in the confirmation email. Applicants have to be in high school or a rising 9th grader. "Like" our FB page for the latest interview updates.
Reach out to our student ambassadors or email email@example.com (we will respond within 72 hours. If you don't hear from us, please try again). Please do not call or Wechat us. Thank you!
T-Shirt Size (Adult Size)
Which subjects can you confidently tutor? (click all that apply)
When will you be able to participate and volunteer in the program? These weeks are subject to change, but please do your best to pick your choice(s) now. At least one week of participation is required.
6/24 - 6/28
7/1 - 7/5
7/8 - 7/12
7/15 - 7/19
7/22 - 7/26
Reference Name and Reference E-mail Address (Name, E-mail - no letter is needed). If you are applying to the management team, be sure to ask your reference to email the recommendation letter to . DO NOT put Dr. Wu as a recommender. Please note that this is NOT the person who referred you to the BranchOut! program. The reference is essentially a recommender who can speak well to your behavior inside or outside the classroom and your skillset. Your reference must be someone you have a professional relationship with, such as a teacher or mentor, and should NOT be a family member or friend.
Please upload a copy of your resume (Word or PDF.) If you want to send an updated version of your resume, email it directly to .
I am interested in joining the student management team.