2020-2021 BranchOut! Howard County
School Year Application
2. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
3. Able to work in a multicultural environment
4. Strong in Math, Science, English, Arts, Language, or Technology
5. Students with tutoring or relevant experience preferred
6. Strong team players who are willing to help disadvantaged students
7. Time commitment: able to volunteer on a regular basis throughout the school year
Applicants will submit:
- A copy of your resume (make sure to include leadership experience, extracurricular activities, and any notable awards or achievements. Refer here for ideas.
- Name and email of a reference (no letter is required). This can be a teacher, coach, mentor, or anyone who has a professional relationship with you (no parents or friends).
- For students who are interested in joining the management team, we need to receive One recommendation from your teacher, coach, mentor, or anyone who has a professional relationship with you (no parents or friends). Please ask your recommender to email their recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application fee will be used to cover your BranchOut! T-Shirt, program materials, and event-related fees.
Please write the check payable to HCCS PTA and mail it to:
*Please include applicant's name, grade level, and school name on the check.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When can I expect to hear back?
Once the application is submitted, students must sign up for an interview slot in the confirmation email. Applicants have to be in high school. "Like" our FB page for the latest interview updates.
Reach out to our student ambassadors or email email@example.com (we will respond within 72 hours. If you don't hear from us, please try again). Please do not call or Wechat us. Thank you!
T-Shirt Size (Adult Size)
Which of the following do you have experience in? Please select all that apply.
What days of the week will you be able to participate and volunteer in the program? Please select all that apply.
If you are applying to the management team, you are responsible for submitting a letter of recommendation. Please ask your reference to email the recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is NOT the person who referred you to the BranchOut! program. The reference is essentially a recommender who can speak well to your behavior inside or outside the classroom and your skill set. Your reference must be someone you have a professional relationship with, such as a teacher or mentor, and should NOT be a family member or friend.
Please upload a copy of your resume (Word or PDF.) If you want to send an updated version of your resume, email it directly to email@example.com.
I am interested in joining the student management team.