2021-2022 School Year BranchOut! Application
1. Current high school students (9th grader or older)
2. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
3. Able to work in a multicultural environment
4. With strong Math, Science, English, Arts, Language, or Technology skills
5. Students with tutoring or relevant experience preferred
6. Strong team players who are willing to help disadvantaged students
7. Able to work independently and responsively, without parents' assistance, to check emails, respond to emails, and communicate with the BranchOut! team/tutee family
8. Able to to follow the program rules and instructions
9. Able to meet in person or use Google Meet or Zoom to conduct virtual tutoring sessions
Applicants will submit:
1. Application essay (please use a Word processor to edit your essays before submitting onto this application form): Briefly introduce yourself and explain why you are interested in becoming a mentor for Branch Out! (100-200 words).
2. A copy of your resume (make sure to include leadership experience, extracurricular activities, and any notable awards or achievements).
3. Reference letter if you are interested in becoming a team leader or join the management team. This can be a teacher, coach, mentor, or anyone who has a professional relationship with you (no parents or friends). Please ask your recommender to email the recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your strengths, known weaknesses, and why you would be a good contributor to our program.
4. Non-refundable application fee.
Important, please read:
We will only invite qualified students for an interview.
All applications to the BranchOut! program must be completed through this form.
All new and returning student mentors are required to apply.
All decisions and communication will be done via student email, so please provide a valid email address (not a school email address) that you check frequently so that you don't miss important emails from us.
This application is for the school year tutoring program with HCAS. If you would like to participate in our summer 2022 program, you will NOT need to submit another application fee, but will need to submit another summer program form to secure your participation and claim your service hours. Failure to follow this will result in no service hours being verified.
For Howard County Chapter related questions, please email email@example.com or contact Dr. Meina Liu or Ms. Cuiwei Zhao at the Howard County Chinese School.
For general questions, please contact the headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to reply your email within a week.
No phone call is accepted.